• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lottie files Issues (merge Path)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon creating a LottieFile it doesn't look aynything like my comp. I only have Nulls, Shape layers and Shape layers with masks in my comp. There's also a Wiggle expression active. I'm not expierenced enough with AE to understand the issue, let alone the solution. 

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

A Merge Paths doesn't actually merge anything in AE, it merely instructs AE to treat things as a compound path like in Illustrator. that being the case, you will actualyl have to create a closed path by drawing/ adjusting it by hand, either in AE or AI. Similarly, your mask gets in the way as it enforces rasterization of your vector content. All this works against your Lottie output. you need to rethink your strategy here. Based on what I see in your image it probably doesn't even make a lot of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Hi Mylenium your answer is very helpful. What do you mean when you say "gradients can't be contained" as a vector? Do you mean that a gradient cannot be contained within the bounds of a mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Merge Paths doesn't actually merge anything in AE, it merely instructs AE to treat things as a compound path like in Illustrator. that being the case, you will actualyl have to create a closed path by drawing/ adjusting it by hand, either in AE or AI. Similarly, your mask gets in the way as it enforces rasterization of your vector content. All this works against your Lottie output. you need to rethink your strategy here. Based on what I see in your image it probably doesn't even make a lot of sense trying to do this as a vector, since the gradients can't be retained as well. Creating this as a simple pixel graphic and exporting as a PNG would be more efficient.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium your answer is very helpful. What do you mean when you say "gradients can't be contained" as a vector? Do you mean that a gradient cannot be contained within the bounds of a mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure how my comment got marked "correct". I asked a question because I do not know the information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having similar issue. Was able to solve it by DELETING all Merge Paths in the layers/shape layers:

Layer > Contents > [Expand if there are more contents/groups] > "Merge Path $n$ " (Select and delete)

Adams5ED2_0-1698309381387.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines