• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many issues with face tracking in after effect 22.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I can't do the face tracking.
It does the mask track, then totally offset the result and downscale it.
I try everything, work from the source file, export it, re-import it, contrast the image, and saturate it to improve readability, but no success.
The track works but keeps offsetting it.

It's a direct export of my premiere timeline and only uses a portion of the original raw footage. Still, again, I also did re-export just this portion to avoid scale problems with the tracker.

This is so weird and nerve-racking.

I got the exact shot I was struggling to. It worked out many times, but I can replicate what went well and not wrong on this successful case.

Not stable, to be honest.

I put the example following this. You can see the face tracks are down and lower in the frame.
And yes, the face isn't total, but after thousands of trying many things, it did work for a similar shot.

8fae2c7ea1a4e304427544e93cec3b3.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual info about the project your system and so on we can't really tell you much. Arguable the excessive DOF and softenting is simply throwing off things plus the overall contrast is pretty bad to begin with. the tracker may simply not be able to detect the typical face pattern because e.g. your eyes, which should be distinctly darker than the skin actualyl are almost the same muddy brown as the away-facing shadows of the face. There's only so much an automated algorithm can do here. You may need to manually track or hand-animate the mask.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium!

Thanks for your reply!
Yes it's a LOG file with no grade (yet), shot on canon FD lenses, that's why it's not contrasted and purposely soft.
But like I said I also did an export with a crazy contrasted and graded image to help the track to pickup but same bug.
It's literally a plain face that doesn't even move in 3D space, should be easy to track.

I don't mind to track it myself, the thing is I need the track data to use with a plugin to retouch the face, so I can't really go to that road. FYI Motion Bro, Face track, the pipeline is pretty locked only with this AE facetrack.

I really don't understand why the track doesn't pick it up.

My rig is;
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
RAM: 64.0 GB
System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10

I just got another rig with a RTX 3090 and an AMD processor I would may try later on it, but ideally it should work with this computer.

I put the file with the contrast max out that have the exact same issue.

bd724e3e4ff6aca74517fd3d5701937.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines