• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask tool plugin for AE

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a plugin that 1) can animate the shape of a mask, in my case from an ellipse to a custom shape, and 2) have multiple mask opacity controls. 

I googled for a plug in but could not find one. 

Does anyone know of a tool to achieve this?

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Mask Transformer at AESccripts.com.

You can also use the Create Nulls from Paths.jsx script to attach nulls to vertices. Find it at the bottom of the Window menu. I do that all the time.  

Create Nulls From Paths extended is free and gives you much more control. That is my go-to mask animation tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. This looks super helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you need a plugin to do this?  If I want to morph a mask shape, after keyframing the mask path when set as an oval, I'll move the timeline then paste in the second mask's path.  If I don't have a path for the custom shape, Auto-trace will create one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines