• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maxon Cinema 4D, Can you make them clean off old installations?

Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you talk to Maxon and ask them to clean up their installations when they update their software?

I have 4 versions on my computer and each version takes up 1.5+ GB

Right now I have Maxon 21, 22,23, and 24 on my computer. 

I need you to rein them in. You give them free access to my computer but I don't want their software on my computer. Allow me to consent to have them install their software on my computer.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

THANK YOU Adobe!!! Thanks you for the emails, Thanks you for the update to fix this. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is preventing you from hitting the uninstall button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann BensThis product takes up too much space. I have uninstalled all the versions but I DON'T WANT this product even on my computer. This is spam! Adobe has an agreement with Maxon that allows them to backdoor my computers and slip their software on. This product is a security risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Ann on this.

And as Maxon is a different company, Adobe is only allowing you to use the Maxon products in their app. They DO NOT control Maxon.

So talk to Maxon about this directly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen  I have talked to Adobe and Maxon...see other posts on this here, https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/not-uninstalling-maxon-cinema-4d/m-p/113524...

Do any of you understand software installation best practices? https://www.techtarget.com/searchitchannel/definition/clean-install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen I've already talked to Maxon directly. Let me post the email string:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-/why-is-cinema-4d-installed-as-part-of-after-effects-cc...

Ooooh I got the answers! Maxon replied to my ticket this morning....

====================

Thank you for reaching out, Cinema 4D is installed as part of the Adobe AfterEffects suite, as a free "lite" licence is available through AfterEffects by going to File - New - Maxon Cinema 4D file. 

This would activate Cinema 4D and allow you to use the Lite version for free.

This is automatically installed with Adobe AfterEffects, so removing it will mean the next update AE will put it back. 

Hope that helps explain the situation. 

Thanks

Matt
Cinema 4D Technical Support

Cinema 4D | Redshift | Red Giant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really an answer.

Delete all plugin and update, it will only show the latest one and not all previous ones.

As of now, I only have nr 25.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens  All this tells me is that you don't know anything or haven't been using this product long enough.

1. What do you think 21, 22, 23, 24 means?

2. When you read Maxon's reply and they say it will reinstall, what does that mean to you?

3. I never installed Maxon, why should I have to waste my time uninstalling it?

4. Did Maxon buy my computer or did I?

5. Over 10 versions of Maxon, they will "steal" 22GB(10 x 1.5GB).

6. Also, did you know that Maxon from time to time screenshots your desktop? Microsoft is black border, Adobe is white border and Maxon is gray border. They do this when there is no activity on your computer.

Is that's simple...I'm sorry you don't really understand my concerns. Please don't comment on my posts anymore. You add nothing to this conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a practical note, most of your last post is either gibberish or irrelevant to getting this functioning on your machine. Which is all most of us around here care about ... getting your rig working better. We aren't staffers for anyone, and can't set any decisions by anyone either Adobe or any other entity.

We're not here to praise or criticize any one or any company. Just help people get the work out the door under the situation that exists at any one moment. Pure practicality.

I checked ... and my Maxon/RedGiant stuff is only the latest versions. So it is puzzling to me why there's so much older Maxon on your rig. I've the full RG Universe, a few other things. All again only the most recent.

As to Maxon's help ... their first response tends to be 1) a bit slow and 2) rather pedantic, like your post above. I had an issue during the changeover from RG to Maxon/RG where the license wouldn't recognize it was licensed.

And yea, I got the type of response you got. But I shot back saying this ain't fixing my problem, and within a couple more days got someone responding directly to my troubles. And at that point, the fix was finally ... quickly ... achieved.

So as Ann suggests, I'd go along with using uninstall from the OS or something on the older Maxon stuff. And I would suggest replying to Maxon saying give me some actual usable help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now as to forum etiquette ... Ann, like nearly everyone posting here, is volunteering a ton of time to help other users. None of us are staffers, paid for the time we put in, or have ANY authority or say in how Adobe, Maxon, or any other company goes about their business.

As per her posts here ... Ann has demonstrated over many years of involvement, across so many different aspects of this complicated app, that she has a nearly encylopedic knowledge of the thing. The breadth and depth of her continually demonstrated knowledge approaches Jarle Leirpoll, the guy that wrote by far the best most detailed book on pro use of Premiere ever written.

I highly doubt you could match her across the app. I certainly can't! Like most users, I have areas I know well, some that even the engineers call on for advice. But there are SO many complicated and complex parts of this app, where I feel I know (at least to me) nothing or nearly nothing about.

And I assume you will have areas you blow my knowledge outta the water. I assume that of about anyone posting here. I love the old Dirty Harry quote: "A man's got to know his limitations."

When Ann, Warren, mgrenadier, Richard, a number of the other 'regulars' hop on, you are getting experienced assistance volunteered from people that are both quite knowledgeable in their own pro workflows and good at troubleshooting.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that all those posting on this forum comport themselves as an adult ... profesionally ...  and be polite, civil, and respectful of others.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU Adobe!!! Thanks you for the emails, Thanks you for the update to fix this. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is closed and I have extended professional courtesy and marked all of your comments with likes and solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I set one correct answer and locked the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines