• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory issue and slow rendering

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. When render starts it load my CPU about 30-50%. As soon as the Memory (RAM and memory of GPU) fills up, performance drops sharply. CPU load is 5-10%. Multiframe rendering stops working, render is on only one core, AE shows 2 fps, but truth is 0.2 fps. At this point, a lot of "Issuing Purge Request" and "Purge not freeing anything" messages appear in the AE console (AE has console!). This behavior is the same in all my projects.

I am sure that the AE can render fast and use all the processor cores, but some problem prevents it from doing so.

My PC: AMD Ryzen 5900x, GTX 1060 6Gb, 32Gb RAM, NVME SSD

AE ver. 23.2 and 23.1

In my projects I use Illustrator files and DUIK Plugin for character animation.

I contacted the Adobe's support service for help, they worked remotely on my computer for 2 hours, but could not fix the problem.

03-afterMemFull-zeroPerf.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does After Effects behave if your disable all third-party plug-ins and add-ons and run the After Effects MFR benchmark project?

Multi-Frame Rendering in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled all plugins and add-ons but nothing changed.
new info: Memory monitoring in AE does not match monitoring in Windows Task Manager

Screenshot 2023-03-24 111701.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I run the After Effects MFR benchmark project, it's fast, 60-90% CPU usage. MFR is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines