• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Extension folder

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have a extension what I want to add to my After Effect but I can't find the extension folder. Its not located in CEP folder. I tryed to search it but theres no where to find it.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually installing extensions isn't a great idea. You should use something like aescripts UXP/ZXP installer: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/

Install this manager, then you can double click on the .zxp extension file to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man, done what you said pretty much but I'm stuck at the last hurdle. Can't seem to drag the file into the installer, no matter what i do. Tried to compress it etc but nothing.  (see image attached)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a .zxp file inside the unzipped folder? None of the files in your screenshots are installers.

Also, since GeoLayers comes from aescripts, if you download the aescripts manager app, you can very easily install the tool from there. https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay so some progress, I renamed the file to a .zxp, and can drag it into aescripts, but it says geolayers was not installed unfortunately 

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 15.46.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's going on here. You shouldn't be renaming the ZIP to ZXP. You should have a .zxp file and that's what needs to be installed. What about my suggestion of using the aescripts manager app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've managed to install it- turns out I was using the wrong file initally 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines