• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mister Horse Animation Composer Precomp Question

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to make my editing less tedious and time consuming, so I got myself the Mister Horse animation composer. It's an all round great little plug in, but I'm having an issue with one main thing. Working for a news outlet I have to make multiple videos a day, and thus I need animated text in a box to be used over footage. 

The animation composer has a fair amount of these, but the issue I'm facing is that I can't change the font of the text, and the text has to be all the same colour. The company I work for want me to use our own font, and also for key words to be a different colour. 

Is there a way to make this work? It doesn't necessarily have to be using the animation composer. I basically want to have easy go-to animated text boxes with a custom font and able to change the colour of certain words. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fairly easy to build your own animation presets that fit your brand. You could then just apply your preset and make adjustments.

Alternatively, you could make a mogrt with controls to change the color of words and then do all the work of customizing it in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I'm facing is that the text and the box size would change from
video to video. I don't know if there's a way to create like a template for
this to make it easier than having to make a new box and place the text
inside it every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way! The sourceRectAtTime() expression lets you set up a box that automatically scales with the text.

Alternatively, if it's simple enough, you could actually build this with Premiere Pro's new essential graphics workflow and build your own templates (including auto-sizing boxes) without even having to use AE or expressions at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would probably have to mess with the source text keyframes and expressions the script creates. At least the font should not be an issue, though. It's may understanding that it will honor the font the layer was created with, it's only difficult to change it afterwards. The coloring issue could likely also be easily solved by adding text animators or in the worst case text style expressions. Either way, never worked with the thing and a more specific explanation of what you actualyl need would be required, anyway. Once expressions or stuff created by scripts of any kind are involved things tend to get very specific, as not breaking their automation will require to be very careful and modifying someoen else's code would require to study it thoroughly, anyway, to understand what it does.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

snip.PNGMy aim is to make it easier to make text boxes like this, with key words being in a different colour. When I made these I would draw out the box, make a text box inside them, and then apply a linear wipe to both to give them a small animation. 

I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way to do this instead of having to draw them out first and apply the wipe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

changing fonts and colors is possible, simply open the composition of the text box you imported from animation composer, select the text layer, and change the font. also to set the color manually, simply select the text layer and go to effects control and turn off the fill effects, now you can set the color for any word as you want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAcing some problems 

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 12.19.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd suggest reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines