• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Current Time Indicator by One Frame?

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Premiere timeline, it is possible to move the current time indicator a single frame by pressing the left arrow or right arrow key.

I was wondering if there is some way to move the indicator by a single frame in the After Effects timeline. The arrow keys don’t do that in AE. Yet, I find that feature highly useful when I need precision (e.g., placing keyframes at a particular location, making a cut at just the right frame, etc.). And it can be easier to “nudge” the current time indicator in this way than to type a time into the field at the upper-left of the timeline panel.

Is there a way to do that?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi The Mavo,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can move the CTI frame by frame with the Page Up (backward) and Page Down (forwards) keys.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On macOS you can do this by pressing Cmd + arrow -> or arrow <-
I suppose that in Windows you can make the same but replacing the Cmd by the Ctrl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Keyboard Visualizer includes Commands to move the CTI back/forward in increments of 1 frame or 10 frames. The Command names to look for are Go Back/Forward 1 Frame and Go Back/Forward 10 Frames.Similarly, you can move selected layer(s) and KFs back/forward by the same amounts with similarly named Commands, in the Keyboard Visualizer.I use them daily cos they're exceptionally usefu

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines