• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSVCR110.dll is missing - After Effects will not start

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting these messages:  "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

After Effects will not start (2019, 2020, 2021), but PS, AI, LR, etc will.  I have reinstalled AE 2021 and also reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable with no luck.  Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

I think I found the solution.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679&tduid=%28df9556b3dcc63111a51acc05582ba116%29%28256380%29%282459594%29%28TnL5HPStwNw-Nt10fD_ZWXvC_Wh.N3Cm9A%29%28%29

and that seemed to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the solution.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679&tduid=%28df9556b3dcc63111a51acc05582b...

and that seemed to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@scottnorrisphotography thank you for providing a direct link! Feel like it can get confusing with the # of windows installers.  To add some info was getting the error upon opening 17.5, tried updating to 17.7 hoping that would fix the issue but then started reading about the Visual studio fix. 

Saw the same answer listed here but the links were all dead..  Installed both vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe, did not seem to need the 3rd file.  After that did a quick "restart" for good measure and now AE opened!  Just wish I didn't bother updating AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this answer. Easy 10 second fix! I had uninstalled and reinstalled AF and still had the error. This fixed it... so many thanks to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have to thank you for pinpointing this! What worked for me was going to this particular update in Settings and choosing Modify>Repair. Either work, but hope this helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! You found the solution and I am forever gratefull. For me it didn't take an uninstall - I just ran the EXE and chose "Repair" and it worked, no restart, no nothing.
This was driving me insane - all you ppl out there chasing dealines know this. Small insignificant errors just ruins the day when software stops working for no apparent reason. So thank you Scott Norris. This saved my day.
Now - back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Scott!
I spent 3 plus hours and many sites, including Adobe, to figure out this issue with my elements 14.
I like to be in control of my photos. I don't use the cloud. I don't need the fancy version of Photoshop.
Folks if you have this error coming up in your Adobe stand alone software, Scott's fix is the trick.
Don't reinstall the software. It won't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I spent hours yesterday trying to fix this probem, and now it has been fixed in less than 5 minutes! Thanks to all of you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks bruh<3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁😁😁😀😀😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super helpful. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it. Did it for me and I've been trying to solve this for a while. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue in January of 2022, Windows 10 - 64bit, with premier pro.

For me, doesnt work any solution what I found but finally I fixed it. 

In this case need to reinstall the VC++ Runtime Libary in windows system but in other way.

When you make a Premier Pro clean install, the installation process will detect IF you don't have any VC++ package in the system and will install the correct package automatically.

So uninstall the all VC++ package and uninstall the Premier Pro (or other app what is showing similar error). After install again the Premier Pro.

The Premier Pro install process will install the correct VC++ Runtime Libary in the background automatically.

When I tried to remove and reinstall the VC++ package manually, I got same error.

But In this way the problem has been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing was working, not even the most recent redistributables, but this solved it! I wonder why specifically the 2012 version made it better...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that worked for me.  I took Melonika's advice and uninstalled VC ++, deleted all my Adobe Products (including After Effects) and then Adobe Creative Suite.  I then reinstalled Adobe Creative Suite and After Effects but still got the same Msvcr110.ll error.  Then when I searched for VC ++ under Windows Explorer I realized I had 12 more VC ++ files from different years.  I deleted all the VC ++ files, uninstalled Adobe Creative Suite and After Effects and restarted the computer.  I reinstalled Adobe Creative Suite and After Effects and finally after 5 hour I was able to successfully open After Effects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines