• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My layer disappears when linked to null object

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I link my layer to a null object, it disappears from the screen. I've played around with view and opacity and nothing works. I can not find anything relating to this issue online, what can I try?Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 20.28.23.pngScreenshot 2023-02-23 at 20.29.55.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ramone,

Welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion. You may have used the Track Matte pick whip instead of the Parent and Link one. To view the parent and link column, right-click on the top bar of the timeline panel > Columns > Parent and Link. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. To make the layer visible again, set the Track Matte to No Matte and click on the eye icon at the left of the layer name. Let us know if this is what you're looking for.

Parent & Link.png

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have set the footage layer as a track matte for the null. Shift + F4 will reveal the Parent/Link column. Turn off the track matte, turn the layer back on, then parent the layer to the null and everything should return to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant. Thanks Rick and Karan above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines