• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Native Fullscreen Support

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I know I probably won't get an answer to this, but we do know that in professional tools, screen estate matters. It's puzzling to me that after so many years, we still can't use Adobe Software in native fullscreen.

is there ANY chance we could get this? Any answer would be super appreciated.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, this is a user-to-user forum, and while Adobe employees do occasionally respond, the best way to get a feature request in front of the AE team is to file one at UserVoice. You can file a bug report or feature request at UserVoice here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

You haven't specified whether you're on macOS or Windows, but there are a couple things you can do to increase screen real estate. Try hitting "Ctrl+\" or "Cmd+\" to hide the window frame bar. This saves more space on Windows than it does on macOS, but it's still helpful. I also recently started hiding my Tools panel by default and only calling it up via the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl/Cmd+1. This isn't a toolbar that always needs to be present, but when I do, I find it's even more helpful if I shrink it down and position a rectangular version in the middle of my screen. Like all panels, this retains its last position, even after you close it. So Cltr + 1 make the panel appear and disappear right in the center of my screen, which is more useful than going all the way to the top. I love this new workflow tip and recommend giving it a try. Between these two methods I have a nearly full screen UI for AE.

davidarbor_0-1660742435180.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on a Mac and there is many users who have requested this feature also
to simply working in fullscreen and multi tasking.

What can I do to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, this is a user-to-user forum, so you can add your vote to what I'm sure are the numerous feature requests for native fullscreen support for AE at UserVoice. In the meantime, I'd recommend giving one or both of the suggestions I offered a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great thanks for the tip! super appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by Full Screen. Ctrl/Cmnd + \ makes the app full screen:

RickGerard_0-1660786351242.png

You can customize any workspace and save your own. Here's the one I use for Expressions:

RickGerard_1-1660786479540.png

If you select Full Screen in the Preview Panel, you'll get a fullscreen preview of the composition panel when you run a preview. 

RickGerard_2-1660786491176.png

Select the timeline, press the ~ key, and if you have pressed Ctrl/Cmnd + \ you get a full-screen timeline.

RickGerard_3-1660786696358.png

Please explain exactly what you want when you say Full Screen. I think it is there and has been for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick unfortunately this isn't native fullscreen. This is merely fullscreen like we see in Windows. MacOS has a different windowing framework.

If you try to make your notes app full screen, you will see the difference, it becomes its own space and occupies the full screen. Whereas AE doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines