• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to save after effects project to creative cloud!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project in After Effects v23.0. If I go to File > Save As > there are no options to save my project to Creative Cloud. I am only provided the option to save a file on my computer.  How can this be resolved? Thank you. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the CC app and your storage settings and the local sync folders. Also sign out an back in.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/creative-cloud-libraries.html

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response. I have signed in and out several times. However, I don't understand what "check CC app and your storage settings and the local sync folders" means. If I use Illustrator or Photoshop and go to Save As, I have the option to save on my computer or the CC. I no longer have this option with After Effects. One day it was an option and now it is not. Per the screenshot from Illustrator, why am I not receiving this option or why did I lose this option in AE?

tpetro1991_0-1667508512812.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving to the cloud works by you saving to a folder on your local machine and the CC app automatically backs up that folder to the cloud.

It's worth identifying / changing the location of this folder.  By default, mine was set to the C Drive, but I moved it to a much larger secondary drive and repointed the CC folder location:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/help/set-sync-options.html

I imagine it works this way because all the files in an AE project are referencing the file's location, rather than being stored in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that explanation. Much appreciated. I went ahead and moved the folder to my D drive and now I know to look for my AE files in the "synced files" folder on CC. However, per my screenshot, I am still perplexed as to why Illustrator and Photoshop give a pop-up option where to save, wheras AE does not. And my Illustrator and Photoshop files save in the "Cloud Documents"  file on CCdirectly, but the AE files have to go to my D drive first before being synced to CC. I am confused by the inconsistency. Maybe there just is no answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines