Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not all layers converted because of empty or unsupported content

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I'm trying to create Shapes from Vector Layer, but every time I get the following error: not all layers converted because of empty or unsupported content. As a result, only a part of my layers are converted into shapes.. Really don't know how to fix this. Probably the problem lies in my Illustrator file?

Hopefully there's someone who can help me out!

error.PNGerrorr.PNGpart.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem is in the AI file and how stuff is created there. Without a screenshot of the layer panel to understand the grouping and compound paths as well as any potential appearance effects applied nobody can tel lyou much, though. The devil is in the details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 6.50.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 6.49.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 2.38.12 PM.png

   Hows this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you are actually animating vector paths or using shape animators like Trim Paths, or using the C4D rendering engine to extrude a shape layer, there is absolutely no reason to convert vector layers to shape layers. 

If you do need to do any of those things the Illustrator file must be prepared using a specific set of standards that include:

• No Gradients
  • No Raster Effects like blurs, drop shadows
  • No Brushes on paths
  • No textures on filled shapes
  • No 3D effects

If you do not follow these guidelines you will end up with a solid gray object in the converted layer, a bunch of groups that are hard to manage, or a failure. The vector engines are different and you must follow the rules if you are to be successful.

One more point. When creating vector artwork for use in video production, you should have Snap to Pixel turned on and Pixel Preview in Illustrator. Thin horizontal and vertical lines should be at least 2 pixels (points) thick. You should make sure that all the horizontal and vertical edges of your vector artwork line up with the pixel grid and shapes, especially rectangular shapes, should always be an even number of pixels high and wide to make it easier to precisely position them using whole pixel values on the pixel grid in After Effects to prevent edges from degrading and changing color when they are antialiased and turned into pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all this information.  I think the biggest problem was that many 'shapes' had holes in them creating a compound path. Those layers needed to be brought to different layers, higher level layers.  Thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines