• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On startup - internal verification failure, sorry! resource fork usage has been deprecated

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this pop up everytime After Effects starts up. 

I'm on a 2019 iMac running macOS 11.2.3 with the latest version of AE 18.0.0

It seems plugin or script related, because it showed up when I copied all my Plug-ins/Presets/Scripts folders over from my After Effects 2020 folder to the new 2021 folder. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Well, I uninstalled AE and reinstalled a clean copy, then transferred just the contents of my Plugins, Presets, and Scripts folders over one folder at a time, launching AE inbetween each transfer, and it seems to have worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

By default, there are two files in the Color Vibrance plug-in directory. A Vibrance64.plugin file as well as another Vibrance.aex file. After talking with VideoCopilot support, just delete the .aex file from the folder (this file is only intended for windows). On my Mac, everything works again normally. I hope I was able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

If you ever get the "Internal verification failure, sorry! (Resource fork usage has been deprecated) error message.
on a Mac within the Finder windwo navigate to Applications (your Aftereffects folder) Plug-ins/Presets/Scripts folders. 

If you have any [.aex] files and you are running a Mac [.aex] is for windows and need to be removed (I recommend moving/ relocating them to a folder away from the Plug-ins/Presets/Scripts folders instead of delting them altogether)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend you use the regular installer of each product, not just copy the folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have installed the latest version AE 2021, but the VC vibrance plugin is just a file that can be downloaded from video copilot and copy to the plugins folder. So when I do the same for this, we are getting the above error. Please help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have that same issue with any of the Videocopilot plugins. And re-installing each product seems insane considering that anyone who does AE will have dozens and dozens of plugins. Re-installing individually everytime AE decides to update seems unrealistic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only VC Vibrance, for this plugin there is no installer, it has to be copied to the plugin folder. Otherwise no issues with any other plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, there are two files in the Color Vibrance plug-in directory. A Vibrance64.plugin file as well as another Vibrance.aex file. After talking with VideoCopilot support, just delete the .aex file from the folder (this file is only intended for windows). On my Mac, everything works again normally. I hope I was able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this worked for me! Thanks Sylvian!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly - thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! I ended up having to go through some other plugins (like Newton and FX Console) and delete the .aex files from there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing happen. It doesn't seem to be affecting it in any way, but yes it must be script / plugin related. Considering the amount of plugins I have, it's too big of a job to go individually install each plugin everytime adobe wants to update their software. Clicking "OK" seems to just make this go away. No idea what's causing it or if it has any effect on the performance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when you get an error, you can just click ok and AE opens, but when you apply that specific plugin, it doesn't apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the trick is finding out which plugin is causing the problem as it is such a blanket message. I've tried with several plugins but still can't locate the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe remember which plugin you might copy from the previous version or from your drive. I have got that only one plugin that has been downloaded and copied to the plugin folder (VC Vibrance), when I deleted the issue wasn't popped up. This is happening only in AE 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I uninstalled AE and reinstalled a clean copy, then transferred just the contents of my Plugins, Presets, and Scripts folders over one folder at a time, launching AE inbetween each transfer, and it seems to have worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Sorry for the trouble. I appreciate all the suggestions given by the experts above.

We have released a new update yesterday. Would you mind giving it a try for this issue?

Let us know. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for the update. 

I actually got it sorted out by doing a clean install of AE and then moving over the folders one by one, checking in between each copy. Something must have gotten a little wonky when I did it the first time just copy and pasting everything at once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue, same error but it happens everytime at the moment AE is scanning the plugin folder with CameraRaw (v13.2).

Any thoughts appreciated!

Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sylvain Guizard  It works on Mac too.

I have deleted the .aex file that was within AE CC 2021 / Plug-ins / VCColorVibrance_ 

and now it works perfectly THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any different ideas or solutions? Even though the Vibrance plugin does pop up in After Effects, I can't seem to find it in files...no VCColorVibrance or anything containing Vibrance. I don't know why, but the only file containing .aex is Glitchify.aex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you ever get the "Internal verification failure, sorry! (Resource fork usage has been deprecated) error message.
on a Mac within the Finder windwo navigate to Applications (your Aftereffects folder) Plug-ins/Presets/Scripts folders. 

If you have any [.aex] files and you are running a Mac [.aex] is for windows and need to be removed (I recommend moving/ relocating them to a folder away from the Plug-ins/Presets/Scripts folders instead of delting them altogether)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines