Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Output modules templates reseting when opening AE

Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having this very annoying issue, every once in a while when I open After Effects I get this error. 

2022-05-05_15-46-07.png

It resets my output templates to the original ones.

It also does that with global preferences, workspaces and export name templates. It is slowing me down in my work and I'd like to get a fix for it. I am running the latest version, on a Windows 10 with a Nvidia 3090.

Thanks,

Mathieu

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another one just now...

2022-05-05_18-40-02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences, then edit the output module templates, quit AE, then try opening again. You can reset preferences by holding down the Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd when you open AE or open the General tab in preferences, browse to the Preferences folder, and rename the file, then close AE and restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mathieu Durand,

This issue has been reported as a bug. Sorry for the trouble. After Effects engineers are working on a fix.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope there will be a fix soon. We use this software every day, and it is time-consuming to have to fix that over and over...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI problem persists with 22.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE 22.4.0 has an option to save and sync Output Module templates in the Preferences/Sync section. This was the first time I noticed that option. I don't know if that could have been part of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick. I've also just seen that. The issue isn't only with the output modules, but also with the keyboard pref, layout pref, general preferences, and naming modules. It resets them at random when I open AE. Sometimes it is the output modules, sometimes the preferences, sometimes the keyboard shortcuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@nishu_kush any updates for this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines