• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overexposed footage data problem

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I´d like to ask  a question about image data range in after effects. Is there a way to change/alter the interpretation of the data range? (I´m not sure whether I describe this correctly) 

I shoot footage on my 8-bit compact camera. Definitely not an expensive gear, but during the day, it gives pretty satysfying results. For example in Da Vinci Resolve, I can easily bring back details from overexposed footage. The problem is, if I do the same thing in After Effects using same footage, It won´t bring back any data at all. Doesn´t matter whether I´m using curves, leves.. Color Finese 3... It doesn´t bring back anything, just dims the image.

Could you please tell me how to fix this?

There certailny are data avaiable if it works in other software.

Regards

Peter

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specific settings and approach depending on the shot. Start by making the Project Settings 16-bit at least. Show us the shot and we can be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, actually 32-bit float did the job eventually. As I´m working with 8-bit color footage, I thought switching this wouldn´t make any difference. At least I learned something new. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines