• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

playhead not syncing to time ruler

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy. My time ruler and playhead are out of sync, which makes it confusing when I try to align layers. Here is a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

after effects time ruler.jpg

Whats causing this and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comp framerate? Project time base setting? Time-Remapping stuff going on? You need to be more specific and provide proper info along with technical stuff liek what version of AE and at least basic system info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro Catalina (10.15.7)

After Effects CC 17.5.0 (Build 40)

30 f/sec

duration 1 min

no time remapping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks to me like you changed the frame rate after you set the In and Out point of the layers. What happens if you enter 1500 in the Time Display? What happens if you select layer 13 or 14 and press I to select the in point of that layer? What happens if you move the CTI to 15:00 and set a new in point for a layer? What is the Shitter Phase set to in the Composition Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines