• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline won't play back for longer than 3 seconds, it keeps looping back on the 2022 version of AE (Version 22.4)

PC specs::

Core i7 (2.70GHz)

8GB Ram

Windows 10 pro

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What frame size are you trying to preview? The real time preview is cached in RAM, so if there isn’t a lot of unused RAM, the preview will be short. 8GB RAM is not a lot for After Effects work (one reason I got 32GB RAM was for After Effects previewing, although more than that is better if you can afford it), and RAM will fill up sooner if working with larger frame sizes.

Ultimately you can get longer previews by putting more RAM into the computer, but until that happens, you can fit more preview frames into RAM by using the Preview panel to lower the resolution and frames required for the preview (not the actual composition), such as skipping every other frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad

I'm having the same issue.  I have 64GB RAM.

I'm using dynamic link from Character Animator files.

I opened past Ae files where I didn't have an issue, now I have issues with all my other projects.  Do you think this has something to do with the latest version (which I'm running) v22.5

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention, I have down all the other troubleshooting things like empting cache, changing the cache folder location, allocating more ram to Ae than other Adobe programs etc...  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tiffanyl14655871 wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  I have 64GB RAM.…Do you think this has something to do with the latest version (which I'm running) v22.5

I don’t know if has anything to do with the version. You have a good amount of RAM (you have more than I do), but when previewing, how long the timeline can preview is also relative to the pixel dimensions of the frame and the effects involved, so we go back to the question I asked in the post you replied to: What frame size is the composition? If it’s happening across multiple projects, what is the usual frame size?

One way you can find out if it’s related to the version is to use the installer/updater in the Creative Cloud desktop app to uninstall version 22.5 and install one of the earlier versions. If the problem goes away, it might be related to the version. If the problem is still there, it isn’t about the version and the next step is to try and isolate another variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Conrad, I'll give this a go and come back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conrad, good news...it was definitely the version 22.5.

I just downgraded to 22.4 and it's working now with Monterey.

Thanks a million

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's a version 22.5 thing for sure. It's under "Top troubleshooting topics for June" https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/%EF%B8%8F-june-2022-after-effects-community...

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you figured out it was the version. And it looks like Jqke might have the right answer for this thread; I missed that announcement. For some reason I have not seen this problem and my Mac is on Monterey, so I’m curious what caused it. But more importantly I hope they fix it in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for all your help!  I'm very grateful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Guys,

Same issue just started to happen with 22.4..... mmmm

I'm uninstalling/reinstalling 22.3 now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines