Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Precompose shortcut not working.

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

My precompose shortcut on windows 10 is not working. CTRL+SHIFT+C.

I think it happened after installing some After updates. I've already tried to reset AE preferences but it did not solve the problem. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

If it is useful, I managed to fix it by unbinding Radeon Settings shortcut for saving which shares the same binding as Pre-compose. Every AMD GPU user should know this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going into Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.
Have you made any changes in here? Possible you changed the layout preset from the default one? 
Try using the serach feature (just below the keyboard in this interface) to confirm Pre-compose is still properly mapped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not change anything, just installed AE and is not working. I reset AE prefs and still the problem appears. It's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still waiting for a fix guys. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please a solution, still wating. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the first time I posted a different problem here, Adobe doesn't address our issues. So we have to find out the solution ourselves. Tip: Never install the software in a different language than your OS. I neve do that. 

I'm Brazilian, living in Brazil, but I always used Windows OS (since windows 95) in native English. And all the software that I use I use it in English. So I tried one last thing to solve the precompose shortcut problem. The problem was happening in a machine that I recently bought it. So, since It wasn't me setting up the machine, it came with Windows 10 64-bit natively in Portuguese. I installed windows 10 English language packs, keyboards, regions and display language on Win 10. So my windows was in all in English, my keyboard is a Dell not in Portuguese format ABNT2, I always use keyboards with standard american layouts. But, natively, the company that sold the computer to me installed windows 10 in Portuguese (Brazil). So I decided to reinstall windows 10 natively in English, a fresh clean install, then installed AE 17.1 and my precompose shortcut started working again. 

Thank you again Adobe for not helping us, a guy that is a designer and animator can figure out the problem better than adobe support. Something easy as this, language conflict problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is useful, I managed to fix it by unbinding Radeon Settings shortcut for saving which shares the same binding as Pre-compose. Every AMD GPU user should know this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michelr9976924 thanks for this! I was starting to get frustrated, maybe there was some problem with my Open GL installation, that's why my shortcuts are not working properly... alas I found your comment. Just this simple. haha! Thumbs up!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This solved my Problem! I went into my Redeon Settings and removed the Toggle Camera Shortcut that was triggering by Shift+Ctrl+C. Thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, dude your comment help me to fix this ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines