Exit

Problem with selection tool

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 9.47.07 pm.png

 

Image.png

Hey, I am brand new to after effects and am trying to recreate this tutorial. In the video below the teacher moves the car to different positions, creating points of the path and the path curves to follow the points. Meanwhile when I follow the same steps, my path is a straight line and makes corners and doesn't curve. Cheers for any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before drawing your path, enable RotoBezier.screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RotoBezier creates a specific style of path, so if you just want your exist path with straight lines but curved corners you can click and drag your mouse to extend your bezier handles. These can then be adjusted after you let go. If you want to convert a hard corner to a rounded corner, switch from the Pen tool to the Convert Vertex tool (under the same icon). Here's an article on how to use the Pen Tool: https://aejuice.com/blog/how-to-use-pen-tool-in-adobe-after-effects/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines