• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with opening a .aep file for After effects 2022 on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a problem with my .aep files, if i open it in Finder, After effects says: "The document: "Project.aep" could not be opened. After Effects cannot open files in the "After Effects Project" format." But if i open the .aep files with command+O then it works just fine.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in the macOS Applications folder that you only have one version of After Effects installed. In case you have more than one version installed, make sure that from the Finder you are opening in the version that corresponds to the .aep file. If you don't know which one it corresponds to, open it in the most up-to-date version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug. I've got this problem sometimes if the project has been created in another version. Fell free to provide feddback to Adobe vie Help menu in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Infographicmedia,

That's not ideal.

What's the version of After Effects you're using and the version of macOS? Does it happen with all the projects or only the projects which were created in a previous version of After Effects?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines