• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"After Effects Warning: Unspecified Drawing Error"

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have been using After effects 2015.3. When I was rigging my character the warning come up I tried to click ok untill it gone. After that I moved the puppet tool the program crashes and shut my computer down. It happened when I'm moving the puppet tool. I through it because of my computer RAM but I already add more RAM yesterday now I have 16 GB. My laptop window is window 10. I would like to know how can I fixed this problem?Screenshot (14).png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have been using After effects 2015.3.

make sure its 13.8.1

After that I moved the puppet tool the program crashes and shut my computer down.

this could be many things. let's try the obvious:

1. clear the cache from preferences -> media&disk cache - both options
  2. reset your preferences by clicking Ctrl+Alt+Shift right after you launch the App. you will get a window to reset your preference - click O.K.
  3. this could be a GPU driver issue. what is yours? I would check and see that it's updated. if anything of this worked please update the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, My GPU is GeForsce GTX 960M

My AE is 13.8.1

I will try to reset the preference. I have the same problem with you MisiSipos80​. My other computer also can work quite well.

Hope can solve this problem soon

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it is somehow connected with the custom layout? I reset the workspace and it works. Weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. When using my customized workspace, the error occurs. Switching to the standard one and everything works. I agree, it's extremely annoying. It started after I purged all memory & disk cache.

[EDIT] I created a new workspace, deleted it, tried to select another one and AE gave a pop-up error, telling me workspace.xml wasn't valid, that he would use a backuped file instead. All I could do is click "Proceed" and so far, the previews are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects 2017 randomly started having this error for me as well.

I RESET MY WORKSPACE TO SAVED and it stopped immediately.

Not fun, but it worked. FOR NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I switched to the standard layout and had no problems.

Anyone at Adobe on this thread? Could you helps shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of AE and getting the same issue.  The workaround of resetting the workspace works for me too, but it's annoying to have to do so.

Adobe, are you looking into this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reset Workspace workaround worked for me so thanks for that, but now RAM Preview seems a lot slower.

Not sure if that is because it is actually RAM previewing now.

Please sort this out Adobe, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the previous poster's solution:

Simply revert to one of your default workspaces (e.g. Effects) and then reorganize your personal panels in a new workspace. (Don't save over your old one, make a new name for it).

This solves the problem. Perhaps Adobe will solve this inconvenience in a future patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe Have you actually fixed that after 7 months? Re-organizing work space is a pretty basic thing, or at least it should be.

Any update on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 14.2 update that came out a couple of weeks ago did fix some crashing issues with workspaces. Is it not working for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it did not.

In fact I was working on a job for 2 weeks now and I reorganized my workplace. It has been working without any problems. So yesterday I switched off my computer, today I switch it on and vioala "unspecified drawing error" is back. No, there was no Win updates downloaded in fact any updates, unless my computer woke up secretly tonight and decided to do so.

So again, thank you Adobe for,

1. Not replying

2. Not fixing that ridiculous issue

I think they have no idea what is that error. It is like "signal error" on London undergrounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MisiSipos80  wrote

So again, thank you Adobe for,

1. Not replying

2. Not fixing that ridiculous issue

This is a user-to-user forum. It's a place for people like us to try to help each other with problems. If you want a response from an Adobe employee, you'll need to contact Adobe support.

If you want them to fix issues, it would also be quite beneficial to file bug reports with as much detail as possible so that they can try to recreate the bug issue on their end (and let them know if you can provide crash logs, corrupted workspace files, etc.). It's the best way to get your issue in front of the eyes of the actual After Effects team. Granted, they usually don't respond to individual bug reports, but they do read them and fix the bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a new machine at work, getting same issue during RAM preview (WI 10 machine, with latest AE update). This is super annoying, and resetting to the "standard" workspace is not an acceptable solution. I hope Adobe is monitoring this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be really annoying!

lmaclanphere  wrote

I hope Adobe is monitoring this issue.

You can be sure that they are by filing a bug report at this link. It goes right to the Adobe After Effects team. Like, it goes to a human who actually works on After Effects who reads it, logs it, and puts it into the list (the more reports/severity, the higher up the priority list it goes, by the way, so anyone who can't fix this issue should file a report too). The bug report/feature request form is the best way to get issues to their attention. Provide as much detail as you can so they can hopefully recreate the issue on their end in one of their test machines. You can't fix what you can't see! (Well, sometimes you can, but it's really hard.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, done. Where's my treat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmaclanphere  wrote

okay, done. Where's my treat

Hopefully it comes in the form of AE working properly in a future update! However, since I'm just a user like you, you have my thanks, but I can't give you much else. If you're anywhere near Nashville, TN, I could buy you a beer or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I've reset my workspace; standard to default ... and now I don't have these warnings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That pretty much renders the arranging workspace feature pointless and useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

comigo, eu precisei reconfigurar a saída de áudio no painel de configurações. sempre acontece este erro quando eu mudo para um dispositivo e assim que este dispositivo de áudio não está mais no computador o after não entende e altera automaticamente para algum disponível, daí ele responde com este problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valeu mesmo, vc me salvou!!!@upslon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet another bug, killing my workflow. Ive spent more time troubleshooting AE during the last few weeks than I have spent on making stuff! I have resisted it for so long, but Fusion, Inkscape, Gimp etc here I come. F*** you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new one lately, something about loading OpenGL command.

I already moved to Fusion, Davinci and when it comes to mograph, there isn't anything that I cant do in C4D. I very much understand your final statement. It is ridiculous that after every update I have new errors with AE and zero solution for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines