• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not allocate sound memory 26 :: 392"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the middle of my long project this error pops up when I open AE, and my wav file is cut short. I know it goes longer than where it cuts it off but it marks it as the end and I can't extend it any longer.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you brought your car to the mechanic and you indicated that there was a problem but you won't tell them anything about your car or the problem or let them look under the hood. There's not much chance of getting the car fixed.

Workflow, system, OS, and AE versions, source footage details, and a chance to look under the hood are required to find a solution to almost all AE problems. No details, no screenshots showing the modified properties of the problem layers = not much chance of figuring out a solution. The only guess I have is that you are trying to use an MP3 or an MP4 as a source file and it is out of spec, corrupted, or in some other way broken. My second guess, you have run out of system resources, or your machine does not meet the System Requirements for AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, as Rick says, a lot more info is required about the project, your computer, your settings. Those error codes are contextual and do not mean much by themselves, though I concur that most likely the file is damaged or a cache busted.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @spencerm38400070,

Here's an old thread that may be of help to you.

"Well, I solved it by using the menu command "Lift Work Area". I had never used it before but it removed the layer that was causing issues. Luckily it was one that I could just place right back into my timeline with very little work to redo. I have no idea if this was the proper way to do it or not, but it's pretty frustrating that it had to be done at all, and just as frustrating to discover that I couldn't find a solution ANYWHERE.

So basically I'm posting this for anyone else who winds up in my situation and can't find any real help."

You can find the full thread here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-error-could-not-allocate-sound-memory/m-p...

Let us know if this works for you.

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No se pudo asignar la memoria de sonido". Resolví este problema configurando el tiempo de la composición en una longitud más pequeña y funcionó.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I faced this issue and my audio is mp3 I imported the audio in Adobe Audition and exported it to .WAV and that helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines