• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"IOError: I/O Error" on AE startup?

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about a week or so, everytime I start up AE (newest version, on a mac) I get the IOError message. I can just click 'OK', but the menues are unresponsive, and I need to switch to the Finder and back into AE for them to work. Apart from that, AE seems to work just fine.

This happens both when I start the AE app itself, and when I open it by doubleclicking on an .aep file.

Updated to the latest version yesterday, but the problem persists. What's causing this, and how can I fix it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact system info and exact error codes (assuming there is more than you were stating) we can't really tell you much. Based on my limited past experience with Macs I would say, though, that this could be an issue with one of your volume's names or a specific folder just as it could be a problem of some component having gone into idle/ sleep mode.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on macOS 12.3.1 on a 16" MacBook Pro (M1). And, no, there is nothing else in the error message than what I put in the headline. It says "IOError: I/O Error", and nothing else (except a button to click 'OK' underneath).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 13.12.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DasBauHans,

Thanks for writing in.

Third-party components that are not supported on M1 could cause this issue. You could try running After Effects using Rosetta (right-click After Effects icon > Get Info > check “Open using Rosetta”) or install the previous version of After Effects.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines