• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Mt. Mograph Motion 3" Extension cannot install

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install an After Effects extension using ZXP installer. Running the .exe errors out and gives me this error:

Motion3_Installer_2019-12-03_11-12-04.png

According to that site (https://helpx.adobe.com/exchange/kb/error-codes.html), I believe that it thinks the installer is corrupt. This can't be true because one of my coworkers was able to install just fine with the same installer. 

Trying to brute force install by dragging the .zxp file into ZXP installer gives me this dialogue:

ZXP_Installer_2019-12-02_17-18-29.png

I don't want to brute force install this extension as then I won't be able to auto-update it (it updates frequently). Why aren't any of my CC applications being recognized by ZXP installer? I've reinstalled AE and that doesn't seem to help. I'm using AE 2020. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual system info and otehr details nobody can tell you much. most likely you botched the permissions on your folders somehow and even the ZXP package itself may have inherited wrong permissions if it got shuffled around from another computer. Also script access for networks and all that jazz needs to be enabled in ExtendScript and AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same identical problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you tried to fix it so far?

I've been in contact with the devs of ZXP Installer and they say it's an Adobe issue, and I've been in contact with the creators of the extension and am waiting to hear back on if there's a way to update the extension without going through a .exe file. Direct install works just fine for me but prevents the extension from ever updating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you find the fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, unfortunately. I've just been using the previous version Motion 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have problem to install Motion 3 on mac. Found the resolve for the zxp install without installer on https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-installer-faq/
You should be administrator

Manual installation on Windows

1. rename your .zxp file to .zip
  2. unzip the zip file
  3. drag that unzipped folder into the folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\
  4. Create a registry entry "PlayerDebugMode" with String value 1 in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.5
    (To create and modify registry entries you can search for the program "regedit" in the windows menu)

Hope it's work for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It`s really work!!Thank you! Nkoone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Using their brute force method on Windows Change zxp to a zip extension. Rename the the folder name to: com.mtmograph.motion-next  

#2 Place the folder here. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\

#3 Here's the key. Right mouse click on the propertities, go to Security and check allow on all of the users names.

Works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find out any more out about this? I've tried contacting Mo Graph for help but without reply. I'm a bit worried to try the manual installation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16/02/2022 solution for AE22 (licensed) v22.2.0 (build 120)

same as Nkoone mentioned but with some diferences.

resolve for the zxp install without installer on https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-installer-faq/
You should be an administrator

Manual installation on Windows

1. rename your .zxp file to .zip
  2. unzip the zip file
  3. drag that unzipped folder into the folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\
  4. Create a registry entry (value chain) called "PlayerDebugMode" with String value 1 in (hit right click on the key code CSXS.10 and 11 and hit create new value chain, and just put the value 1)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.10
    and here
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/CSXS.11
    (To create and modify registry entries you can search for the program "regedit" in the windows menu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rafaeld6246264's solution worked for us. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines