• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This project contains a expression error: error 1 of 1" in After Effect. Please help.

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm Thomas.

스크린샷 2016-01-12 오전 8.31.45.png

After I go Property and click wiggle(fre, amp, octaves = 1, amp_mult = 5, t = time), I wanted to see the effect.

However,

스크린샷 2016-01-12 오전 8.29.14.png

After effects said it has some error but I do not know exactly what's what.

I need you guys advice, please.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

If you click on the right end of the warning banner you'll see an explanation of the error. You have not set an a frequency or amplitude for your wiggle. It doesn't know how much or how often to wiggle. You can simplify the expression by simply typing: wiggle(10, 5) This will wiggle rotation 10 times a second somewhere between 5º. The other parameters are not needed in most cases.

I strongly suggest that you type something like "wiggle expression" in the search help field at the top right corner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the right end of the warning banner you'll see an explanation of the error. You have not set an a frequency or amplitude for your wiggle. It doesn't know how much or how often to wiggle. You can simplify the expression by simply typing: wiggle(10, 5) This will wiggle rotation 10 times a second somewhere between 5º. The other parameters are not needed in most cases.

I strongly suggest that you type something like "wiggle expression" in the search help field at the top right corner of AE as you start learning expressions. There are a lot of community resources and the help files are pretty good on the subject. It takes a while to figure out what all the methods in the expression language do. You'll never figure it out by just guessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick. I will keep in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some way to hide that bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some way to hide that bar?

Yes, in the preferences->General:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks You So Much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had that same error, but it turns out I was typing a space in the wrong place, as wiggle (1,1)  should be wiggle(1,1)  wanted to throw that in because as a non-programmer, I underestimated the importance of puctuation, and was following an example shown by someone who I thought was knowledgable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines