• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Cinema 4D Plugin

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to slim down the After Effects install for my render farm. The After Effects install is 2.5 GB and 721 MB of that is the Cinema 4D plugin. I tried deleting the plugin but After Effects refuses to start if the plugin doesn't exist even though it's not in the "Required" directory.

Is it possible to remove the Cinema 4D plugin from After Effects?

I tried fooling AE by compiling my own empty plugin named "Cineware_AE_Effect.aex" but I probably have the PiPL values incorrect.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!

Rob

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Well, after almost a month without any answer, just let me add a little bit:

Yes, AE checks on start for the presence/successful load of the Cineware .aex plugin and refuses to start if it can not be inittialized correctly.

As far as I know, you should however be able to simply move/delete the "(CINEWARE Support)" folder (from "Support Files\Plug-ins\MAXON CINEWARE AE\") - this is actually the folder taking up close to 700 MB.

Since the .aex are still present, AE should launch and work correctly. T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after almost a month without any answer, just let me add a little bit:

Yes, AE checks on start for the presence/successful load of the Cineware .aex plugin and refuses to start if it can not be inittialized correctly.

As far as I know, you should however be able to simply move/delete the "(CINEWARE Support)" folder (from "Support Files\Plug-ins\MAXON CINEWARE AE\") - this is actually the folder taking up close to 700 MB.

Since the .aex are still present, AE should launch and work correctly. That is, until you actually try to apply the Cinemaware plugin, then things will get nasty and you are caught in an endless dialog loop as obviously some core files are now missing .

Cheers,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thanks!

Would sure be nice if C4D was an optional feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad its FORCEFULLY installed in your computer. No matter if you use it or not. I hate it. And what does Adobe do? Close the complaining forums without caring about the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Maxon Software is needed to run After Effects, then it's After Effects. So build it into the app. Stop installing forced chumware every time we "might" need it. Plugins never come stock, hence the name. This is what it's really about. $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Thread closed, right Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Either build the code into the main title "After Effects", or tell us we need a plugin. A plugin is inherently an "add-on". Cut this two titles for one business!! This is a play for $$$ on behalf of Maxon and that's it. Wasn't missing this "plugin" before it auto-installed this chumware all over my rig, taking up 75% of my MBP hard disk. Worst of all it re-installs every AE update, and unfolders it's own icons from Launchpad. Sucks! Now I hate Maxon, and soon to hate AE too. Uninstalled both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines