• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove non-compatible plugins (AEJuice)

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch AE, I get a warning of plugins that are not compatible with my version of After Effects. I've searched and removed every single instance of AEJuice on my computer, but it's still mentioned in the pop-up when AE launches. Is there a way to purge AEJuice from my system or get AE to ignore it? I'm concerned it my be causing issues as AE has started to crash when opening certain project files. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 11.11.26 AM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Hi @Matt23080645y23p,

Make sure you also check the Library folder at the root of your hard drive; the one in your screenshot is the user-level Library folder. In a Finder window, hit ⌘+⇧+G, then paste this path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore.

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where have you looked? The standard AE plug-in folder? The Media Core folder? Your user documents folder? You need to be more specific and also provide some system information.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an M1 Max Macbook pro

I've deleted everything related to AEJuice specifically I found in my plug-in folder and even ran their "uninstaller." I'm not 100% certain where else I've deleted it from, because I just searched for "AEJuice" in Finder and deleted everything I found, but there were a couple other instances. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Matt23080645y23p,

After Effects looks for installed plug-ins in these locations on Mac:

• /Applications/Adobe After Effects 2022/Plug-ins
  • /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore ( this is the user-level location )

Check those locations to see if the AE Juicers plug-ins are still there and let us know if they continue to show up in the dialog.

If After Effects is crashing, please make sure to submit your email and a message about what you were doing went the crash occurred ( opening a project, working the Timeline, closing the app, etc ).

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Thanks, John - I've removed everything from the After Effects 2022 folder. I don't see that MediaCore folder anywhere along that file path, and searching for "MediaCore" doesn't show any results. I trashed the AE Preferences and rebuilt default prefs, but the error still occurs. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 3.10.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Matt23080645y23p,

Make sure you also check the Library folder at the root of your hard drive; the one in your screenshot is the user-level Library folder. In a Finder window, hit ⌘+⇧+G, then paste this path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it! Thanks John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines