• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render and preview stops at a certain point

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on trying to render a project for days now, but both the preview and render stops at certain points (I tried to render the edit in pieces but it seemed to get stuck at multiple places). I've tried many things; changed my rendering to mercury software only, lowered my motion tile to 300, playing around with the "secret" tab in preferences, purged my cache and memory, but nothing seems to work. Everytime it gets stuck, the whole preview is unresponsive so I have to force quit after effects. 

I use macOS Monterey version 12.1, with a graphics card of Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645. Though I don't think the problem is in my laptop/graphics card, since I gave my project file to my friend so he could try to render it, but he encountered the same problem. 

I don't have too many effects, it's just a simple transition edit. I used some effects from the sapphire plugin as well. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, and no offense, but "it's a simple project...." and such lines are not in any way useful. Your post is far too generic and broad to make any sense of it since you have failed to provide exact info about your compositon(s) contents, effects used, render settings and so on. Even your buddy not being able to render this project strongly suggests that you realyl have an issue with an effect or a footage source, but it's simply impossible to draw any sensible conclusions with no real info at hand. The usual steps apply: Check your footage items, disable effects selectively, check render settings, re-check hardware acceleration stuff, initiate a render from the AE render queue with "Plus extra per frame info" for logging to debug and so on. For anything else some "real" info is required like screenshots, the render logs, details of effects used and all that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi exxquis1te,

Thanks for writing in.

I agree with what Mylenium said. Please share the following details to give us a starting point.

• Your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version).
  • As much info as you can provide on your project including details of the footage (frame size, format/codec), name of the effects, etc.
  • What's the exact version of After Effects you're using?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines