• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Transparent Background for web

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a project that requires animations with transparent backgrounds and gradients for web. We did several tests, such as gifs and lottie files and nothing really worked until we came accross Rotato.

I've exported the animations from AE with ProRess4444 (and no sound) with RGB + Alpha.

Once the mov was ready I just dropped it into Rotato. The outcome is amazing. 

And you can test it right away in Safari and Chrome.

But, the mp4 doesn't work in Figma, in case you are using Figma to design. It works when it's code though.

Here you can see the test. First image is the render in Rotato on transparent BG and gradient.

Second image is the test in Safari with the Rotato app. I've added a white frame on the animation.

Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 14.40.49.pngScreen Shot 2022-11-17 at 14.41.05.png

Here the link to the free app:

https://rotato.app/tools/converter

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to use transparent videos on the web in 2022

https://rotato.app/blog/transparent-videos-for-the-web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty cool.  Too bad it isn't a script/plugin for AE.

--------
Topher Welsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Standard media players do not support transparency. You need specialized tools. Specialized tools require specific media types. There is a world of difference between an MP4 and a ProRez file. Bit Depth, actual frames instead of predicted frames, It does not surprise me at all that highly compressed files will not work with this tool. It has nothing to do with Adobe and everything to do with the folks that build the other tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines