• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Shape Layers (in Pre-Compositions)

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey evryone,

i have a little animation out of shape layers in a pre composition. when i resize the pre comp to 200% it gets blurry, but since its an object created in after effects is it possible to resize the whole thing to however big i want and the object would still be sharp? (resizing the individuel shape layers inside the pre comp doesnt work because it messes up the animation)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

In the Precomp layer, press the "Collapse Transformations/Continously Rasterize" button. Is the box at the bottom of the "sun" icon in the timeline:

If you do not see the icons, press the "Toggle Switches/Modes" at the bottom of the timeline. Once you pressed that button, you will be able to scale your Precomp without losing sharpness.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Precomp layer, press the "Collapse Transformations/Continously Rasterize" button. Is the box at the bottom of the "sun" icon in the timeline:

If you do not see the icons, press the "Toggle Switches/Modes" at the bottom of the timeline. Once you pressed that button, you will be able to scale your Precomp without losing sharpness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! You just saved me a ton of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a NULL OBJECT, parent all of your shape layers to this null object and scale the null to maintain the relative position and your animation. Anyway, to do this you must change the size of your composition first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines