• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush Freezing Taking Long And So Much Frames

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is roto brushing taking so long and trying to freeze over 4000+? All the videos I have seen about roto brushing have under 100 when they are roto brushing a good quality clip with someone in the background. Is there a setting I'm missing? And is there any way to even fix this, least of all what is the cause of this, and is it happening?

Look at the attachment for more info.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to post more information about your Device specs and your AE release number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thats the thing, im using a high end laptop with a mobile rtx 3060 with an amd ryzen 7 5800h with 16 gigs of ram, previews i have to wait a long time for especially if motion and flame blending is ticked, or if i put some effects on the clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over 4000 frames is awfully long and if you haven't done a full analysis before it's quite normal that the freezing may take a moment, especially on a weaker system. This sounds perfectly normal. A more precise assessment of the situation would require specific info about your system and your project.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thats the thing, im using a high end laptop with a mobile rtx 3060 with an amd ryzen 7 5800h with 16 gigs of ram, previews i have to wait a long time for especially if motion and flame blending is ticked, or if i put some effects on the clips

my project is a 2 minute french project where i am just presenting as a tour guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4000 frames? That's a huge amount of time. You are risking running out of system resources and having a render or preview failure with that many frames. I would break up the shot into sections that were only five to seven seconds long.

You should also consider adding manual rotoscoping or generating a matte using color channels or color correction. We could give you better suggestions if we saw what kind of shot you were working with.

Rotobrush is not designed to be used on shots that are more than a few seconds. If you need more than 2 minutes of video, split the layer every five to seven seconds, pre-compose each trimmed layer, move all attributes and trim the new comp to the length of the layer. Rotobrush, the layer in the pre-comp, then go to Composition/Pre-render to render a high-quality production master with an alpha channel. When each section is rendered, delete the Comp you just rendered.

Rotobrush bloats the comp size, eats up resources, and can make AE unstable. If you do not render your Rotobrushed layers, you can get way too much data stored in the AEP file. Unless my shot is less than 5 seconds and very simple to roto, I always render and replace. When you use Rotobrush on a layer, that layer should be the only layer in the comp, and it should have no other effects applied to the layer.

I hope this ramble helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you i appreciate it so much ill try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

appreciate the reply guys i am also trying to go back to version 18.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines