• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush problems - again

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an earlier post about this where I said I had been having issues with Roto Brush not working and I thought I fixed it because it then worked for that clip. But, now here I am again and Roto Brush does this looping crap about 3 seconds into my 39-second clip.

Here is a video about what I'm talking about:

https://youtu.be/_LSYPIlEFtA

Can someone please help me with this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

No, sorry. There are certain things to consider and I'm not going to mess with computers of people I don't know. That said, perhaps you have a resident computer nerd at school who might be able to figure things out. Short of installing all sorts of analysis tools (Process Explorer, possibly the AMD SDK with the debugger) I don't have any more ideas. Perhaps it might be a good idea to ask around on soem AMD-centric forum about what could possibly be done with the driver settings and al lthat, as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried pre-render because someone recommended that in another post where someone had another problem with Roto Brush. I didn't change anything. It still starts looping after 3 seconds or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*It didn't change anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help if you provided actual full system info. The answer is likely still the same. Something is off with your graphics driver. The drawing errors for the propagation stuff is a dead giveaway. Also try turning off hardware accelerated footage decoding in the AE prefs under Import...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the hardware accelerated footage setting didn't seem to help.

I've attached a document with my full system info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really weird. Everything seems A-okay, both based on your system info and what can be discerned from your AE stuff. The only other thing that's left is that this is a specific issue with the CoDecs, but it doesn't really show up anywhere..

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what do you recommend I do? I have no idea why I would have this problem with the Codecs. I mentioned in the conversation that I completely reinstalled the graphics and chipset drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to create a new user profile on your system and/ or run as admin. This may not immediately fix the issue, but since it uses the defaults everywhere it may bring up some warnings that could offer clues. Outside that there are simply limits how much can be resolved remotely. I'm sure it would not be impossible to figure out directly on the machine. It's quite likely just some silly small stuff we're both not considering.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I will do that and see if I can figure anything out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried another user account and ran it as an admin, and it still does the same looping thing (it starts looping even earlier this time). The only errors it showed me were the disk cache ran out of space (which I fixed by changing the folder to one on my other drive) and viewing the roto brush at full resolution. Nothing very concerning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if we can't fix it this way, would you like to connect to my computer via Remote Desktop or another program? I mean, you're basically controlling the computer as if you were there. If so, I can email you my IP, username, and password (I don't care if you have my password because I'm sure you wouldn't do anything bad).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry. There are certain things to consider and I'm not going to mess with computers of people I don't know. That said, perhaps you have a resident computer nerd at school who might be able to figure things out. Short of installing all sorts of analysis tools (Process Explorer, possibly the AMD SDK with the debugger) I don't have any more ideas. Perhaps it might be a good idea to ask around on soem AMD-centric forum about what could possibly be done with the driver settings and al lthat, as I'm pretty sure that still is the culprit, after all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. I think I'll just ask about this on the AMD forums then. Thanks for your help. I'm going to mark this as solved with your post now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines