• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotoscoping Different Frame Rate

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clip that I imported is 60fps 1440p and my comp is 24fps 1080p (I scaled down the clip) When I try to rotoscope the clip it automatically makes the pink not go around the person but it makes a rectange around the whole clip and when I try to alt/option to remove it doesn't work and it doesn't stay there. Rotoscoping still works for 24fps clips it is just reccomended to have it higher. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

You want to pre-compose the shot before you Rotoscope. Make sure that you move all attributes to the new comp, then open the nested comp (the new pre-comp) in the layer panel and run Rotoscope. The frame rate of the layer needs to match the comp. If the source frame rate does not match the composition frame rate, pre-composing will solve that problem.

If you are having problems with frame blending when you do that try the different frame blending modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Thanks, having my resolution at full also helped

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to pre-compose the shot before you Rotoscope. Make sure that you move all attributes to the new comp, then open the nested comp (the new pre-comp) in the layer panel and run Rotoscope. The frame rate of the layer needs to match the comp. If the source frame rate does not match the composition frame rate, pre-composing will solve that problem.

If you are having problems with frame blending when you do that try the different frame blending modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, having my resolution at full also helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines