• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving transparent Video After Effects

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂 I am struggling to export my After Effects video. I need it to export with a transparent background. When I go to save Alpha+RGB is grey and I am unable to choose this as an option. Does anyone know why and how I can fix this?

Thank you :).

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 14.52.59.pngScreenshot 2024-09-05 at 14.53.29.png

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.264 does not support an alpha channel. Use the Output Module preset Lossless with Alpha, or you will have to export an RGB copy of the video and an Alpha Only copy in H. 264 and use the Alpha Only copy as a track matte for the original footage. 

Unless you have a good understanding of video format standards and compression, it is always a good idea to use the presets available in the Output Module via the dropdown menu in the Render Queue or in the Adobe Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. File > Export > Add to Render Queue

2. In the Render Queue choose High Quality with Alpha from the Output Module section

Rick suggested Lossless with Alpha which is an older preset but either preset should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines