Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script issue - Explainer video toolkit - layers don't load on frame 1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi after effect community,

Having some issue with a script, I am trying different approaches to see if I can fix it.

Problem: when I use the script of "explainer video toolkit" and load one of it's element or animation, the layers places themself later in the timeline. This mismatch is reported in every comp in a cascaded way with different mismatch sizes. Here 129 , 52 , 66 frames depending the composition. But these value repeat.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 09.47.02.pngScreenshot 2022-04-18 at 09.49.38.png
Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 09.50.31.png

WHAT I TRIED
- The current time indicator's position doesn't influence this situation

- Comp Settings changes lenght or framerate
- Earlier version of After effect ( V 18.0) 
- place all layers manually ( takes too much time and still have some issues on the final result, partial animation problems)

WHAT I HAVEN'T TRIED YET

- uninstall all my plugins
( haven't found how to disable them, and the freshly installed old version of AE finds the plugins synced through the adobe cloud app. I was looking for the folder in adobe - common, but they don't seem to be there)

- script / tool to place all layers & comps, inside of comps at frame 1 ( look for it but didn't find anything)

Thank you for your help !

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

If you hadn't said "The current time indicator's position doesn't influence this situation" I'd suspect that you have the General preference "Create Layers at Composition Start Time" turned off. You might want to check it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original author probably is using soem weird code that calculates the times. It's not a free script and the documentation appears poor, so I can't offer any other clues. It's beginner stuff I'd never use. Either way, try your luck on the Envato site.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Mylenium. I will try that too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hadn't said "The current time indicator's position doesn't influence this situation" I'd suspect that you have the General preference "Create Layers at Composition Start Time" turned off. You might want to check it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dan you're amaizing! That just handled it ! Thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines