• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

settings are good- but still skipping frames

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello lovely people 🙂 i'm very new to after.. i know there was few post about skipping frames,i've read them all but it didn't resolve my problem- all setting are fine - skip 0 . i've cleread catche , ... really don't know how to fix it .. please help me . thank you 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playback is tied to the performance of your computer.  Sometimes, even when all of the settings appear to be correct, the computer still can't handle your composition. There are a bunch of places you can check.

What's your computer spec?

What's the comp (project) frame size? Bigger is more pixels, needs more cache. You can also use a Region of Interest crop to isolate a portion of your animation.

How long is the animation you're trying to cache? Creating a shorter Work Area will buffer a smaller amount of your comp, usually resulting in more contiguous frames being buffered.

What's the comp resolution you're trying to cache?  Sometimes using a "half resolution" can give you a realtime playback and allow you to see the speed (if not the quality) of your animated layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow!! it looks like i'm soooooo new to everything! i know nothing about computers! 😛

so my loptop.... Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8565U CPU 1.80GHZ 1.99 GHZ , installed ram 16gb , system type 64-bit 

Comp frame sixe was 24 (i was learnig one project from youtube) for 10sek.  So i've tried to change the resolution to half..nothing..then quarter..nothing.. 

Do you think it's my laptop ? giving me this truble ? thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i,ve notice when the comp frame size is 60 - its not skipping the frame .- but when i,ve change it to smaller its starts to skip the frame again. Any ideas, anyone ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

skipping video frames or audio frames?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preview time - even with empty comp . - 60fps actually skipping every 2sek , 30fps skipping 30sek .. 

there is no answer for this..at least i couldn't find any . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also when i,ve change current  time indicator for 10sek - comp setting 60fps is ok.  but 30 fps is still skipping 

when I increase current time indicator for 30sek - comp setting 60fps is skipping 2sek . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So - i bought a new laptop - which is good for AAE - checked first. 

when the comp size is  like this 2021-03-15 (6).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frames are not shown in the preview time 29fps and then 1min fps but when the comp is 60fps its all good - second screen shoota tu nie dziala.png60 fps dziala.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are talking about frame numbers. 29.97 fps footage and comps use drop frame timecode by default. NO Frames are dropped, just frame numbers. You have to skip some frame numbers to keep the time display accurately.  Your current time indicator will display the time and the closest frame number to that time, but every few frames it will skip a frame number. This is normal, expected, and required to keep the time display accurate to the nearest second.

I won't go into the history of television that caused the NTSC frame rate to change from 30 to 29.97, but it had to do with needing the add color information to the signal. There just weren't enough scan lines in the frame so they had to slow down the frame rate to add a few more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to understand this. I was doing one tutorial in YouTube - one animation. And I had to add some effect at 40sek. So I couldn't because there is no 40sek. Because its skipping from 29fps to 1min.

So you are saying its pretty normal. 

So that's mean I will have to add that effect at 1min10sek let's say right? 

Thank you Rick  - sorry to ask this  questions..  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i understand now.. Finally ! thanks ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines