• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shatter effect

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I make a shatter effect with glass, can I use the pieces flying as objects giving a shadow? I want to have radial fastblur coming in when the glass breaks and the glass pieces should interact with the fastblur. Does that mean that the glass pieces need to be 3D? (Yes)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can use rotobrusch on the pieces, make 3D objects from them that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get no real 3D shadows with Shatter either way and thjat is pretty much that. You could possibly fake it if you use a custom shatter map and can isolate individual pieces on separate layers, but otherwise you will have to compromise and settle on what effects you can get with those light ray/ radial blur effects. Some pieces simply will not overlap correctly...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do some work, separate the pieces overlapping, this is a few sec not many frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shatter is a sort of 3D-lite.  The pieces will be in 3D, and you can set a light in the effect but I don't think it can cast a shadow.  You should be able to get away with either a duplicate of the shatter layer, tinted black and blurred or a drop shadow effect or possibly even a layer effect's drop shadow.  None of these will be raytraced, but if you want a quick shadow, they should give you the result you're after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Cactus! I want a fist punching through a glass screen, I think it would be a simple way to do it without using C4D or some more complicated software. I could also use color range key to make a matt from the piecdes that I can turn into 3D that will interact with the fastblur. One way is to do it IRL with a windowpane and a fake fist, a strong light and some smoke...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can make the pieces larger so its less work I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Less work is always the best option !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines