• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sheepsound error bleep

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So. I am extremely pressed for time, stressed out of my mind and forced to spend the night in AE to meet a deadline Monday morning. I've just finished up a particularly complicated composition, but as I try to render it out nothing happens. The program won't give me any prompts or info, all I get is a taunting (super loud, I might add) sheep sound and I'm about to smash my MacBook to pieces.

Whoever thought adding this sound effect has clearly gotten the wrong idea about consumers want to hear when their software doesn't work.

Please remove it. I'm so angry of I'm about to completely lose it.

(This is a forum staffed mainly by users like yourself that would very much like to help you. Adobe staff does not come by here except on their own time. Frustration under a deadline is understandable, but you are venting at those who can help. Choice words redacted so you can get the assistance you need. -- Moderator.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016
all I get is a taunting (super loud, I might add) sheep sound and I'm about to smash my MacBook to pieces.

the loudness is determined by your computers speakers and how loud they are set to... if you want to test it (you are probably sick of hearing it but just in case) just open the effects control panel of any layer and Shift + click on the panel tab

Please remove it. I'm so pissed of I'm about to completely lose my ****.

maybe there should be a preferences checkbox to not play it, same as there

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all I get is a taunting (super loud, I might add) sheep sound and I'm about to smash my MacBook to pieces.

the loudness is determined by your computers speakers and how loud they are set to... if you want to test it (you are probably sick of hearing it but just in case) just open the effects control panel of any layer and Shift + click on the panel tab

Please remove it. I'm so pissed of I'm about to completely lose my ****.

maybe there should be a preferences checkbox to not play it, same as there is a preferences to not play the finished chimes sounds (under preferences->general as of CC 2013) - if you want this kind of feature, you can ask it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

OR

you can go to the sounds folder that's here and rename/remove/replace the rnd_fail.wav file

and if you want and need to - we can also address why you crashed your project if you need help with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Roei! I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so your whole post is just to complain about a fail/error noise? Or do you need help resolving why your render is failing in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just complaining. Was really mad and frustrated. But I've fixed it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not trying to be a — but!

I can imagine a dude cursing and screaming at his computer every time he hears the Baa from the sheep.

And it sounds HILARIOUS! especially if you dont know whats making the dude so made lol

https://youtu.be/yc8tG_hYZvY?t=379

Moderator warning: Do not use profanity in the forum. It is against community guidelines. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word preck (but with a I is a censored word? Meh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word preck (but with a I is a censored word? Meh...

Yes. Please refrain from doing using such words on this "family friendly" forum.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not being able to understand something makes you want to smash things you've got bigger problems to deal with.  I'm just sayin'.  Please mark this reply 'helpful'.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus christ, man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I discovered this oddity it was nice day and was hanging out on the front porch with my neighbor while my project was rendering.

Me to my friend:  Did you just hear a sheep?

My friend: No.

Me:  I swear I just heard a sheep.

20 minutes later I go upstairs and see my render failed, so I fire it off again & go to do the dishes.

About 10 minutes into doin the dishes I hear a sheep again.   WTH?   Am I goin' crazy or what?

I finish the dishes and go back to my workstation and see my render has failed again?!  Hmmmm

So now I have no choice but to sit and watch my render to see what's happening....10 minutes in it fails and finally

realize that's what the sheep noise was.   I thought it was pretty funny despite a traumatizing incident I had in a

petting zoo at the mall as child, when a sheep tried to eat my untied shoelace and dragged me down in the process.

Please mark this comment helpful.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thats so true. My both eyes were about to come out. It gave a mini heart attack lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is funny. From my memory that sheep is the voice of one of the original coder's mother (Dave H?). Been there since I've been using AE back in 1995. The UI actually used to have a little sheep icon in the effects control. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2am I am editing and suddenly I hear a f goat, I thought I was losing it... That being said, I love the software engineer who did that - best Adobe feature 🤣🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines