• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slower rendering time to certain font?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community! I'm using AE 2022 (22.4.0) and found that there is a huge different in rendering time with different font. Here are the capscreens, the font with longer rendering time is "Abys" and the other one is "Avenir Heavy". I've also try Arial / Helvetica and it works smooth as Avenir.

So just wondering a text layer with different font but the same effect really made such huge differences? If the answer is yes, which kind of fonts will be more heavy in rendering in general?

"Abys"  

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 12.19.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 12.13.43 PM.png

"Avenir Heavy" 

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 12.19.19 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 12.14.00 PM.png

TOPICS
FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font problems are endless, so it is better to deal with well-known fonts, try fonts that are available on the adobe font website so all these fonts should work smoothly with adobe software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just by looking at the wonky outlines of your font I can tell that it's a "bad" font, meaning it's poorly designed and possibly has technical issues that throw off the font engine. You need to find a better font.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines