Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stabilize footage with a track point

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Ae Newb here

I have a fully tracked Tracker Point on my footage. How can I apply it to stabilize the footage?

I've tried it a few times with other footage, but now the [apply] button is gone.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 173950.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit the "Edit Target" button and check what's in there.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-11-25 091414.jpgThere is nothing I can do in that window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select Stabilize in the Track Type option. You have selected transform and this option is only for match moving. As soon as you have Stabilize selected you can apply the track info over the video layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need to stabilize footage so. you can add something to the frame and then put the motion back in the shot and add it to the new layers and you want to use AE's motion tracker, then do this:

Stabilize Position, Scale, and Rotation, apply it to the footage, then name the stabilized Layer (the footage) Stabilized. 

Add a null to the shot and add these expressions to the Null:

// Position
thisComp.layer("stabilized").transform.anchorPoint

// Scale
x = value[0];
y = value[1];
tx = thisComp.layer("stabilized").transform.scale[0];
ty = thisComp.layer("stabilized").transform.scale[1];
nx = x/tx*x;
ny = y/ty*y;
[nx, NY]

// Rotation
- thisComp.layer("stabilized").rotation

After you add your other layers and they stick to what they need to stick to, move to the first frame and Parent all added layers and the original footage to the Null. This will remove the stabilization from the original footage and add the movement you stabilized to the other layers. 

I usually use Mocha AE for motion stabilizing and tracking, but this workflow is very effective for many shots and takes very little time. I only use Camera Tracking on shots that cannot be effectively tracked in any other way.

If you are going to do this kind of compositing, often save the Position, Scale, and Rotation properties as an Animation preset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines