• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange blurred sections in 3D text from Element 3D in After Effects CC 2018.

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do the text, and when the camera looks at the text from above, everything is fine, but then if I change the camera's angle, the areas of the text are chaotically blurs. I didn't use this effect. Help, please!Untitled-2.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as usual start by updating your graphics driver. Anything beyond that will require much more information on what settings you actually use, system info and so on. And since clearly there is some form of glow being generated even if on another layer using other effects that would be essential, too.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be the DOF blur. I get something similar when I am really zoomed in really tight and using the default pixel blur. To check, switch your DOF blur to 'multipass'. That will let you know if this is the problem. To fix it, you either have to work at a larger scale (scale your whole scene up) or you have to try the multipass blur.  Also, I've gotten similar problems rendering geometry that is transparent (or material set to screen/add) where the pixel blur DOF reads that depth and sets the DOF for the scene at that depth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines