Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Splash Screen: Initializing Required Components

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Mac OS 12.1 on Apple M1 Pro

I've tried rebooting, tried installing older versions, deleteing Adobe caches, /Library/Application Support/Adobe. Tried restoring system fonts. Tried reinstalling a number of times including fully uninstalling and reinstalling Creative Cloud.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

I was able to solve this issue on my own. Hopefully this helps someone in the future:

1. Restart Mac in "Safe Mode", this will reset the font cache
  2. After restarting in "Safe Mode", restart again to go into normal mode

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KClough12345,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your crash.

Do you launch After Effects by double-clicking a project file or by clicking its icon? Do you get any crash report?

Please try the suggestions mentioned in the following article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes...

Let us know if any of the steps help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By clicking its icon. I do not get a crash report until I force quit the non-responsive application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nishu_kush I tried each of the suggestions in that article and I'm still experiencing the same issue. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this issue on my own. Hopefully this helps someone in the future:

1. Restart Mac in "Safe Mode", this will reset the font cache
  2. After restarting in "Safe Mode", restart again to go into normal mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW that worked for me too! Thanks so much for coming back with the answer! Im sitting here the entire day trying everything. This was my last google search before either setting up a new admin user which would mean at least 1 week of seting everything up and switching stuff over from the old user. You saved my week!

Maybe someone from adobe could read and remember this pls? After a long search i found the hotline and called it twice without any help.. only the solution to leave this account behind and make a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works! You are way better than Adobe officials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! The ''SafeMode'' work for me. Thank you for your help, time and stress you've been through for us.
For the older version of Mac (Intel), here how to enter the ''SafeMode''.
- Turn ON or Restart your Mac, then immediatly CLICK & HOLD [SHIFT] untill you got to login.
- Then restart on ''NormalMode''.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines