• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I uninstalled and reinstalled and getting the same error. After Effects can’t continue: The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded. You may need to reinstall. After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup. I'm running (Mac) Yosemite 10.10.5, using After Effects CC 2015 v.13.6.1. Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

I was experiencing the exact same issues you described. No amount of uninstall, reinstall, update, or even the CC cleaner tool was able to fix.

The solution? For me, after ensuring that AE was running with full administrator rights in Windows 10 (right click > run as administrator) it opens up just fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

I had the same problem on a mac running After Effects CC 15.0.1.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 2.54.35 PM.png

The issue turned out to be faulty permissions on the "Adobe" folder inside the user "Documents" folder.  I changed the folder permissions to be "Read & Write" for all (be sure to "apply to enclosed items") and the problem was fixed.  Permissions should be as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 3.46.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also...make sure Dropbox Backup isnt using your documents folder or disabled it. It's what changed the Document folder permissions for me so I removed it from backup options and AE worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean it was this simple all along. WOW! It worked for me on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of these solutions and still am unable to run AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the answer to this issue too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that my issue was a network setting. The adobe folder in my documents folder could not be written to when I was offsite. This can happen if you are having your drive backed up online. If you are having the same issue as me you need to check the Always available offline option after right clicking your documents folder.

offline-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response...

I'm on a Mac, but i still tried the fix...but don't see that option.

I'll keep searching.

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was it!!!

I can't believe how many things  i tried that were all wrong and much more involved. Then this super simple thing was it.

Thank you PAK1111!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly was it that solved your problem? Struggling with the same:/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac OS user, following is the solution that solved my issue:

Change permission on every single Adobe folder to everyone read write:

Documents

Applications

Library Caches

Library Preferences

Library Application Support

Delete Preferences on Startup (cmd – option – shift).

Here we go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you refering to general docs, application folders in mac? 

tried all options, yours is the last hope. please help. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does u got the solution to this issue on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still searching for a solution. Did u manage to find one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all adviced but non of them did not work for me. 

But I find another solution 

for windows user Settings- Update and Security- Windows Security-Virus and threat protection- manage ransomware protection-Allow an app through Controlled folder access-please select after effects exe from installed win folder. and restart after effect 

you can also watch from here to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yRLd6gjZWU&ab_channel=RaTeX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! 2 hours working on this to edit a 8 second video clip! You are a day saver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. This worked. Oddly enough though, this is a fresh install as of just a few days ago and I have used it a couple of times and no system changes occurred at all. Now I know why I waited until just a couple months ago to switch from windows 7 to windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, it's working!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine in Win 11 and AE 2023. Thx a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me - AE 2024 on Win11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So i managed to solve for myself. dont know if this will work for you guys. For Mac. The instructions are as follows: 

1. uninstall after effects and media encoder. 

2. Next, uninstall creative cloud from the folder they give you called creative cloud unistaller 

3. then head over to adobe website and hit install After Effects from the website. it will give you download link so follow all the steps to download it. 

4. Creative cloud will also be downloaded along with the After Effects. note you wont have to download After Effects from the creative cloud app. since you already downloaded it from the website. 

5. once After Effects downloads launch it and it should be working without this metadata BS poping up.

hope this helps. if this works for you please show your appreciation by subscribing to my youtube channel: HEAR 2 STAY 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola la solución fue mas sencilla de lo que esperaba, resulta que yo tenia una carpeta llamada adobe en mi documentos de la mac y tenia otras cosas dentro de ella, por lo cual le cambie el nombre y cree otra carpera llamada "adobe" completamente nueva y verifique los permisos, y a todos los usuarios le di permisos completos y listo magicamente se abrio el after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED: If anyone still has the problem - I tried everything and nothing works... so only thing that works is to create new user on Mac with admin permissions and use from second user. Simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those Mac M1 users in my case the problem was that the Media Encoder installation was damaged. I was trying to fix After effects but it was until I reinstalled everything that I realized that if you install After Effects from scratch it installs 4 things automatically: Acrobat, Media Encoder, After Effects and Camera Raw which means those programas are dependencies of After Effects.
TL;DR Try reinstalling the following Acrobat, Media Encoder, After Effects and Camera Raw. If that doesn't work uninstall all adobe apps and reinstall After Effects and all remaining apps.

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 0.55.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines