• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle Switches / Modes

Guide ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to get Toggle Switches / Modes here? 

1111.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

You have both the Switches and Modes columns turned on in the bottom left corner of the timeline. Turn one of them off. Their switches are the first two icons in the bottom left corner. One looks like three little squares stacked on top of each other. That is the Switches Column. Hover over it, and you'll see Expand or Collapse the Layer Switches Pane. Hover over the one with the circle and the square, and you will see Expand or Collapse the Transfer Pane. The Transfer Pane is the same as the Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  You have an arrow pointing at a spot as if there supposed to be something there.

The toggle switches for layer panel columns are over to the left of where you arrow is pointing.

To the left of where it says "frame render time".

You can add or hide additional columns by right clicking up at the top of the layer panel and navigating the "columns" fly out menu

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It comes in a downloaded tutorial file.

2.png

Also it comes when I close my file. Video is attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to create a new composition before you see a timeline and the timeline columns. Your video shows closing a project but not creating a new composition in the empty project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

How to get Toggle Switches / Modes here? Video is attached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have both the Switches and Modes columns turned on in the bottom left corner of the timeline. Turn one of them off. Their switches are the first two icons in the bottom left corner. One looks like three little squares stacked on top of each other. That is the Switches Column. Hover over it, and you'll see Expand or Collapse the Layer Switches Pane. Hover over the one with the circle and the square, and you will see Expand or Collapse the Transfer Pane. The Transfer Pane is the same as the Modes pane. Blending modes are also called transfer modes. I don't know why Adobe uses both names. If you have both panes open, there is no need to switch between them. You have a wide enough display that your workflow would probably be more efficient if you left both open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a way to have a button at the bottom of the column, right where MahaB82A's arrow is pointing, that let you switch between the two panels with one click rather than having to open and close them, or without having to have them both open and taking up so much space.  Has that feature disappeared?  I've missed it, but maybe there's a way to get it back.  Do you happen to know?  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no switch if you have both the switches and modes columns open. Select one of the first two icons in the bottom left corner of the timeline, and the switch will appear below the displayed column. When you click on the switch, the selected icon will change. F4 also switches between the two columns if you only have one available. 

The first screenshot has both columns visible. It's a little confusing because the Parent/Link column has been moved to the right of the Layer Name column. It is positioned after the Switches and Modes column by default.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yes, I see it now! Duh!  I guess it was, like you said, that the columns are by default sorted differently that they used to be.  I'm not sure how I missed it now!  Thank you, Rick! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines