Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggled hold keyframe at the precomp renders differently in main composition

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the problem: 
So I have hands swap remapped at the precomp and at the precomp animation looks well but at the main comp one frame constantly glitches. What could be a problem and a fix to this?

MilenaTos_0-1676643675315.png

MilenaTos_1-1676643760448.png

And this is how it renders at the main comp:

MilenaTos_2-1676643880658.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actually seeing your nested timeline and your actual time-remapping values this is of no use, I'm afraid. Cropped screenshots are more or less useless. Simply looks like you end up in wrong ranges because you are not considering your previous time-remapping and how it spools time forward or backward.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the precomp:

MilenaTos_0-1676645517269.png

The character comp is time remapped with toggled keyframes and the main comp is not remapped at all. I don't think that the whole screenshot would show anything significant for the problem- or you don't trust me that it absolutely the same moment in timeline for both main and the character's comps? Well, it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try purging all memory and the Disk Cache (Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache...).

Try rendering a Best Settings / High Quality with Alpha Comp Proxy for the nested Comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!...Unfortunately non of these works, I tried that before... 😞 This is not the first time this happens, I had this problem on and off for a while. All the comps are the same fps, everything looks ok and then randomly there would be some rogue frame which I have to edit in post-production...I never figured out what's happening exactly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a Comp Proxy, you can see if the frame in question is showing correctly within the nested Comp in an external file.

The next thing to do would be to export the nested Comp as an Image Sequence, create a new Comp from that and then replace the nested Sequence with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame renders well in proxy. Is it the only solution? To replace with proxy every time? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MilenaTos,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have to agree with @Mylenium that we can't tell enough about the project from the screenshots you've shared to know whether it is a rendering bug or an unexpected result of the Time-Remapping. If you can share the collected project or just the portion of the comp/pre-comp that is rendering the incorrect frame, it will help us determine whether this is a bug or not. In the meantime, I will move this post to Discussions.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are any of the layers 3D? Are you looking at the Active Camera view in both comps? Do you have Collapse transformations turned on? Have you purged memory and disk cache? Is the frame rate of both comps the same?  There are way too many unanswered questions that could be solved if we saw screenshots of the UI with all modified properties and both the Switches and Modes columns showing. A thorough explanation of your workflow would also help. Have you tried setting the comp timeline to Frames, then checking the frame number of the nested comp (pre-comp) against the value for time remapping? If you want to see frame 16 in the nested comp, the Time.Remapping value should be 16.  If the Time Remapping value is 16, you should be able to go to frame 16 in the nested comp and see the same hand position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines