• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode Particular Motion Path Particles Stuck on Emitter

Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Particular emitting along a motion path but some of the particles stay put at the emitter when they're generated instead of moving along with the rest as soon as they're created.   At some point some of the particles do begin moving, but I need them to start moving the moment they appear.

Tried both Layer and Box emitters and get the same thing.  Granted my Velocity is 0, but the motion of the particles is supposed to be taken from the time it takes for the light that makes the motion path to move in position (and this is working that way for some of the particles)

There's no pre-run.    Suggestions?

Thanks,

particles.gif

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help us diagnose your problem if you included a screenshot showing the layers' modified properties. A cropped screenshot is useless. I tried to reproduce your problem and could not. Here's the result. You can see the motion path in the other views and the result in the Active Camera view.

RickGerard_0-1658360446334.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Rick. Without seeing your path and the relevant parameters in particular we can't tell you much. On first look it simply seems you are approaching this the wrong way. If you want "static" particles, you never can just dial down the forces and hope it will work. Instead you would have the primary system emit secondary particles and let those rest where they were emitted. Anyway, more info is definitely needed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up figuring out my problem and thought I'd stop back here to post the solution should anyone else ever run into this.  

My mistake was trimming the layer that had the Particular effect instead of slipping it down the timeline.   I forget that Particular is “aware” of itself running under the hood even when trimmed - the fix was to untrim the Particular layer, move my keyframes to the new in point, and then slide the start of the layer in time back to where it was originally trimmed.   Voila.   Effect starts later than frame 1 of the comp and there are no static particles bunching up at the emitter, with the particles following the Motion Path Light.

Here's a before/after.

20(2).gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines