• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Triangle reveal

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to make this triangle reveal to the player to the goal, I have tried using offset paths but it goes off on a weird angle and doesn't work. if anyone has any ideas on how to create such an effect, I would be hugely appreciative. 

thanks! 

Tommy

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.57.46.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped screenshots that don't show us the timeline and the modified properties of the layer do not give us much to go on. I'm also not exactly sure what you are talking about when you describe offset paths. 

Changing blend modes will let you see through the layer. Adding a mask or a track matte will poke a hole in a layer. If the camera is moving you are going to need to do some motion tracking or image stabilizing. If the shape of the triangle needs to be animated you will need to animate the path. 

I can give you better advice if you post a screenshot that shows the triangle layer with all the modified properties revealed. Just select the layer, press "uu" and post a screenshot of the entire UI. Then describe what is happening in the shot and what you want to see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  there has been no work done to the project, I've only drawn the path of the triangle, basically, I want the triangle to reveal its self going from the left point to the right flat bottom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use a third mask with "Intersect" mode and animate it from the outside of the triangle to include it completely. Make the mask of the rectangle to be the last so it won't be affected by the intersection mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest way to reveal that triangle is by simply adding a linear wipe to the shape layer. You can even reveal the entire graphic. All you have to do is add the Linear Wipe effect from Transitions, animate between 100% (entire layer gone) and 0% (entire layer visible) then adjust the angle of the wipe to match the top edge of the triangle.  The start and endpoints will have to be modified a bit because Linear Wipe works on the layer width. In this example, I reveal the entire red shape. It took about half a minute to create the animation.

LinearWipe.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines