• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tricky issue with alpha channel/blending modes/export

Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've produced a short ident for a company which invloves blending modes over a black background. Annoyingly theyre now asking for a version with an alpha channel - to which I'm going to struggle as the 'transparency' is effectively baked in as a blending mode.  The growing roots is essentially just an auto filled vector which repeats 4 times getting darker as as to look as though its disappearing. If I remove the bg layer (as you should be able to see) of course I lose the transparency effect from loss of blending mode. Any tips on how to get around this? I imagine trying to remove the black in the final rendered video would look awful.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll attach a LQ version here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Silouette Alpha seems to work, but creates this weird line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm essentially replying to myself here, but I've realised that outline are the layers underneath...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of using Blend modes to reveal the roots, try using colors and opacity. Seeing an embedded (drag to the reply field) screenshot of your timeline with the blend modes and modified properties of the layers would help us help you if you can't figure it out. 

If you use Trim Paths to reveal the roots, you might be able to change that from blend modes to Track Mattes. There are lots of workarounds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines