• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorial: "Scientifically accurate" Wormhole in After Effects

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this tutorial, we're going to travel from one point in space to another. Is this true,scientific representation of travelling through a wormhole? Probably not, but it's based on some concepts for tranversible wormholes. This video builds on previous tutorials and assumes you're comfortable with creating a 360 space scene. Let me know in the comments if you'd like me to do more tutorials around this (360 stars tutorial: https://youtu.be/xG0GQLHRvHw  ).

I start with two separate comps, each showing a different universe or region of space. Then using the free 3D Precompose script from Video Copilot, I link cameras in each comp. And then use a 3D mask to cut a hole out in one comp to see the other. Then I dress up the look of the wormhole using an adjustment layer with a reuse of the same mask but altered using Essential Graphics. I use the Bulge effect for distortion, but this is 2D effect, so I reuse the formula I came up with for the Black Hole tutorial ( https://youtu.be/jNX0zYLIEcU  ) to convert it into a 3D effect. I've got a whole series on Wormholes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL58-kYtQUHvMLeWDX4AWFno32eFsRlCX1

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not "correct" at all according to latest research (nor is that app). You cannot look forward in time, only back and time dilation will play tricks on you. So for better or worse it would still just be a black hole with an impenetrable veil because the info from the other side never gets through.  The actual throat also would collapse immediately due to quantum level effects. Just sayin...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really?  I've had a few comments on the reddit post too.  I'd used that app and the movie Interstellar as reference.  Although I will admit that I hestited to call it "scientifically accurate" in case it was widly off.

Do you have a link to an article, I'd be interested to read up on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines